Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thing #20

I enjoyed playing with Google Docs. It is very user friendly. I dabbled with presentations. I also experimented with the spreadsheet option. I don't think I would ever use the slide presentation, but you never know. It is great to know it's there if you need it. The one I would use most, would be the word document program.

I think that the option for collaboration, would be the only reason I would ever use google docs. I watched the video at the beginning of this exercise and learned why email ties up alot of copies of the same document. Collaboration efforts would benefit by the fact that everyone can access revision history.

I can see this put to use by students working together on a presentation. It would also work for the individual student, when revisions are necessary throughout the paper. For instance, an English paper that the teacher has asked for revisions at several stages. I also think you could use google docs. for organizations like PTA or other non-profit organizations. When certain people have information they are responsible for and others have different information etc. they could use the spreadsheet option to add their info. and so on.

So, once again, something I had no idea existed. Free!! Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Google stuff is so cool!