Friday, November 28, 2008

Thing #21

Wow! I love Google BookSearch! As we continue to be educated in all things Google I am more and more impressed. They have such vision! Among other things their mission statement says: "...we want to make it easy to find relevant books. books we coul not find any other way, such as those that are out of print." I toured the site and came upon this micro site and I am excited for both Google and all users everywhere for what potential this site will offer! I hope to use this feature alot in the future!
I also really had fun with Google Notebook. I can see where this will come in handy for all kinds of planning. For instance with Christmas coming up you can use it for gift planning, or decorating/entertaining ideas. Christmas tends to get overwhelming if you don't have all your planning organized in one place. So I can see the value of this. It would be great for vacation planning, for highschool students searching for the college of their dreams etc. etc.
I also went to the Lab for the pages in progress, I looked at the Quote site but was disappointed to see that it was only politicians who were the quotables. Maybe if they expand that to all famous folk, that would be a little more interesting. Also used Google Calendar and iGoogle for the fun of it. The more I learn about Google the more I love it. Once you've gone Google-you'll never go back haha!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Google does rule the world! ;-)